Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lessons for the (mis)educated

I have been thinking more and more lately about what it is I am trying to achieve with this rehaul of my life, and I think that my main problem is that I am unhappy with what I have achieved in life.

Yes, I have two degrees, a postgraduate qualification and an offer for further study for this year, but I feel like with all the 'professional learning' I have done, somewhere along the line I have missed out on learning the things I want to learn. I also feel that since meeting my hubby (whom I love very, very much), the passions that previously were integral to my identity have somehow gotten lost in the kerfuffle of making ends meet, buying a house, developing relationships with his parents etc etc. So, by making one of my very studious lists, here are the things I want to change....

Things I want to learn before I die:
  • To speak another language
  • To graft cuttings
  • Play classical guitar
  • To be the sort've girl that goes for 'runs'
Things that I used to love, but now no longer do:
  • Dance
  • Play guitar in a rock-band
  • Creating art
  • Writing
Now I just have to work out how to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment